This Vegan Wax DIY Kit, includes everything you need to make three medium vegan wax wraps from scratch.
Perfect as a gift, this vegan wraps are the ideal replacement for cling film, they can last up to a year, keeping your food fresh for longer.
This DIY Kit includes:
- 3 x organic cotton fabric squares with pinked edges (30 x 30cm)
- 3 x vegan wax bars
- 2 x pieces of baking paper, 35 x 35cm
- 1 x organic cotton canvas tea towel
- You will also need an iron and an ironing board.
- Self Sealing Wraps
- Packaging is free from plastic
- Plastic free
- Locally sourced
- Instructions included
- Reusable for up to a year, but longer if refreshed with wax block
- Hand wash in cold water with a mild soap and sponge
- Hang to dry
- Store folded in a drawer or rolled in a jar
- Avoid contact with heat
- Refresh with wax bar when needed
Why GOTS cotton?
- This organically produced cotton uses no artificial fertilisers or chemicals. This ensure the soil is not harmed during the farming process and the cotton is natural and hasn’t been genetically modified.
- Reduced environmental footprint
- Promotes safe work & better livelihoods
- Organic cotton is 80% rain fed, reducing pressure on local water sources.
How to use the refresher blocks:
- Place a tea towel on an iron board
- Cover the tea towel with a sheet of baking paper
- Place the wrap on top of the baking paper
- Grate some of the refresher block onto the wrap, spreading the wax evenly over the wrap
- Place a second sheet of baking paper on top of the wrap
- Use the iron on a hot setting and gently press on top of the baking paper
- Melt the wax evenly
- Remove the top sheet of baking paper
- Remove the wrap picking it up by the corners
- Wait until the wrap cools down and its ready to use